20th Franco Arab Film Festival / Jordanian Short film competition
Deadline for submission: 15th May 2014
The Institut Français in Jordan, in collaboration with the Royal Film Commission-Jordan, is calling for Jordanian short films (documentary and narrative) to compete in the framework of the Jordanian Short Film Competition on the occasion of the 20th edition of the Franco Arab Film Festival (15 – 21 June 2014).
Deadline for submission is on the 15th of May 2014. Prizes will be announced during the closing reception on the 21st of June 2014.
If your short film matches the criteria below, please submit your film at the latest by Thursday 15th of May 2014:
The Royal Film Commission – Jordan, Jebel Amman, 1st circle, 5 Omar bin Al Khattab Street
Sunday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Tel: 064642266
The Royal Film Commission – Jordan
PO Box 811991 Amman 1181 Jordan
– The competition is open to independent filmmakers residing in Jordan or abroad. Either the director or the producer
should be Jordanian.
– The film should not exceed 20 minutes.
– The film has to have been produced in 2013 or 2014.
– Each filmmaker can submit one film only.
– Only narratives and documentaries can be submitted. Animated films or experimental films will not be accepted.
– It is requested that the film be subtitled in English or French if it is in Arabic, or subtitled in Arabic if it is in English or French.
– The filmmaker should provide 2 DVD copies of the film (which will not be returned) to the aforementioned address, along
with the following:
1. An application form in Arabic or in English which can be found on the RFC website www.film.jo, covering technical
details regarding the film, synopsis and the filmmaker’s information.
2. A poster or a screen shot of the film.
There will be four valuable prizes in cash or kind: a jury prize and a public prize, for both narrative and documentary categories.
In addition, the RFC will offer a one-year subscription at the Film House’s Library to short-listed candidates.
For more information, please contact Ms. Marian Nakho (email@example.com or call 06 4642266 ext. 23) at the Royal Film Commission & check: www.film.jo or www.ifjordan.com or click here.
Last date for submissions is Thursday 15th of May 2014.